Monday 7 January 2013

Behind the geraniums

As I walked to the market today, my eye came upon this (fake) flower in the window. As Miksang is a sort of meditation with your camera, you're not supposed to have thoughts in your mind. When you think, you don't really see. But to have no thoughts can be challenging.

In this case I had a thought just after I saw the flower and the curtains. We have a Dutch saying: sitting behind the geraniums. Of course the flowers in the picture are not geraniums, but this saying sort of means that you are looking at  the world from your sofa. Your world is very small. I smiled when I recognized that I do that myself sometimes, too. It is very safe to judge others from the safety of my own living room, I should be more open.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...