Tuesday 1 January 2013

Year of the snake

New Year's Day, what better way then to start 2013 with a walk in the woods. We had a wet Christmas here in The Netherlands and last night was also rainy and quite windy. But in the afternoon a thin, watery sun appeared. So, we went for a walk, through the mud, between barren trees.
I saw this snakelike bicycle lane and it so happens that 2013 is the Year of the Snake, according to Chinese astrology. The Year of the Snake is a year of reflection, of making plans and finding answers. It is a favorable time for smart transactions, political business and coups d'etats. People will be more inclined towards thinking things over before coming into action. (Source: Theodora Lau: Chinese astrology)
And so should I. What am I going to do with my career, for instance? Where will I take it or where will I be taken? Apparently I am to reflect. I'm curious of where that will take me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...