Saturday 28 December 2013

Reflections on January 2013

I was flipping through my daily planner of 2013 and thought it would be nice to put some memorable (for me, that is) pictures per month on the blog. So today I post some pictures of January 2013.

On New Year's Day I took a walk with my friend H. The path below reminded me of a snake, 2013 was about to be the Year of the Snake.
dAnielles flow

Going through the pages of my planner I noticed much of January was spent on making my costume for the Carnival in Venice February.
dAnielles flow 
dAnielles flow
I was also ill for about 2 weeks; I had the flue and I embellished my costume by hand in bed. I sewed on lots of little pearls alternating with naps.

On January 15, it started to snow. I made an entry in my planner, so apparently that was a big thing. I remember that we had snow for quite a long time and that I was (still am, actually) very ambivalent about it: I loved the look of snow and how it changed the world, but I tremendously disliked to cycle around through the snow especially when it was slippery. I really hope this season it is going to be an 'easy' one.
dAnielles flow
dAnielles flow
dAnielles flow

At work you could hardly look through the windows because of the condensation. In between different tasks I like to look outside and get my mind on other things for a short moment.
dAnielles flow

Also memorable are the walks around campus. Even though the environment is not that inspiring, there is always something to see. That's one thing I learned about Miksang Contemplative Photography.
dAnielles flow
dAnielles flow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...