Friday 24 October 2014

Umbrellas

Today, it rained for most part of the day. In the afternoon I decided to go outside for a walk in town and photograph people with umbrellas.
six umbrellas
As I went around town I noticed it was not so easy to do that. First of all, people move around all the time and secondly holding a camera and an umbrella myself is a little bit like juggling.
three umbrellas
Then there is the thing that I don't want to take pictures right in the faces of people, so discretion is another ingredient of this craft. 
lots of people in the rain
lots of people in the rain

two girls under a pink umbrella
two girls under a pink umbrella 
see-through raincoat
see-through raincoat
I saw this plastic see-through raincoat and I thought it was charming. The colourful edges really make it happy coat.
couple under a red umbrella
couple under a red umbrella
Here and there people stood still for a short while, then it's easier to aim, focus, relax and hit the release button. 
couple under a lopsided umbrella
couple under a lopsided umbrella 
four-coloured umbrella
four-coloured umbrella
I decided that my Canon Powershot is not up to the task: it takes about 3 long seconds before actually taking the picture and that is too long. By then people have moved to a different position.
three umbrellas
three umbrellas close to the Flower Market
couple under a yellow umbrella
couple under a yellow umbrella
I am going to try this again, but then with my DLSR. I am curious as to what the difference will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...