Tuesday 14 April 2015

About Spring time and cell phones

four Asian girls with a cell phone
All of a sudden the weather changed to our advantage: during the day temperatures have risen above normal and the sun is shining & radiating lots of warmth. We all think Winter is over (although I rode my bike with my Wintercoat on earlier last week) and everyone is in good spirits.
young man filming sports
Last Friday I went to a walk around the Museum area in Amsterdam. This is usually a place where lots of people hang out and I was there on a mission: to take photographs of people using their cell phones. 
man taking photo of young couple
As I hoped, that proved not to be very difficult. After my initial inhibition I tried to blend in with the crowd and not to move too fast. Sometimes people hardly noticed I was there.
two guys with cell phones
two guys with cell phones
two people with cell phones
two people with cell phones
woman with cell phone
woman with cell phone
woman with cell phone and another writing in journal
woman with cell phone and another writing in journal
My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw this young woman above writing in some kind of journal. Yes, they still exist, people who write about their adventures and impressions of the far or not-so-far-away.
two women with pink cell phone and selfie stick
two women with pink cell phone and selfie stick
Although the selfie stick is not as popular as in Venice (Italy) I spotted an occasional person with one.
young couple looking at photo on cell phone
young couple looking at photo on cell phone
And this young couple is of course quite endearing as they are looking at the pictures they just took of themselves with a selfie stick. I must confess I bought one myself especially for our trip to Venice, but I didn't use it a lot. I don't tend to take photos of myself with some famous church or square in the background. I take a photo of what my eye see in conjunction with my heart.
How do you take photos (abroad)? Do you pose for your images?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...