Thursday 15 August 2013

Exhibition foam I: Tim Hetherington

Yesterday my friend C. and I went to the foam (Photography museum Amsterdam) to see two exhibitions: the first one was called 'Infidel' by British photographer Tim Hetherington (1970-2011). It showed several of his pictures from his series called 'Sleeping soldiers', 'Infidel' and 'Diary'. His work shows the war experience from the perspective of the individual. We see young boys sent to Afghanistan, not exactly knowing what to expect. Hetherington gives us an intimate view into their daily lives through portraits and captured moments in combat, in waiting or asleep.
I loved the closeness, it almost felt I was there. I also experienced the close bond of these men amongst each other. A lot of the pictures were taken when the guys were relaxed, not posing. And to get so close, the photographer sometimes used this cell phone, like the guys did themselves.




All photographs by Tim Hetherington.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...