Monday 7 April 2014

Budding bonsai and a year ago

As I walked through the botanical gardens again last week, I noticed the blooming bonsai again. I had shot one before and that was a little more than a year ago at the same spot (you can see that picture over here), but the feeling was much more different. Last year we had a cold winter and it remained cold for a very long time. When I saw this blooming bonsai in February 2013 I was like: Spring! But then it lasted quite a while before it actually became Spring.
blooming bonsai
When I saw the image above it was a totally different experience: Spring had already started a few weeks ago and we've had some warm days. This experience was more about the prettiness of the plant and the shape of the branches together with the dark spotted back drop of the grey wall behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...