Thursday 31 July 2014

Morning light

pretty hallway
This morning I woke up at my friend's place in The Hague. I slept well, normally I don't sleep very well the first night at a 'strange place'. After I had showered and got dressed I went downstairs to make some tea and lay the table.
vintage pitcher
When my friend Tosca got dressed she went outside to get some bread and other essentials for breakfast.
shadows on a scarlet wall
While she was away I was sitting on the couch and looking around in the living room and hallway. I saw the morning light coming in and giving shadows on the walls.
fallen angel
She spoilt me rotten: she bought croissants, French cheese, tomatoes and boiled some eggs. It felt like a being in a luxurious hotel but then it was even better: there were no strangers around us and everything was quiet.
shadow of a bush in the window
shadow of a bush in the window
light on the couch
light on the couch 
water lily bud
The water lily had closed herself during the night and I saw her opening herself slowly when the sun started to shed her beams on her. Amazing.
the corridor
the corridor
light from underneath the door
light from underneath the door
main window in living room
main window in living room
This was a very nice way to start the day.  In the afternoon we went to the Rosarium, a rose garden. I'll post some pictures about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...