Saturday 4 July 2015

Yoga and Art (Yoku): Full moon Yoku

painting in a circle
painting in a circle
Last Thursday night was another Yoku night, my first in many months because I've been so busy I simply could not find the peace and quite to go. The theme was Full Moon and it was all about seeing and meeting the other out of a deep grounding within yourself.
The yoga part consisted of a simple physical warm-up and a long meditation with chanting a mantra together with arm movements. The chanting and the arm movements coincided with each other, the energy went flowing through our bodies and afterwards I felt cleansed.
meeting my neighbours in a drawing
meeting my neighbours in a drawing
The art part consisted of depicting the grounding within yourself, we used the vertical sheets of paper for that. The connecting horizontal sheets represented the grounds on which we'd meet our neighbour, the other person. That was exciting and scary at the same time. In the picture above you see the drawing of my grounding and my drawing flows over to the left and right where I met my neighours. You can clearly see the difference in my drawings to both directions. In real life that is also the case: I don't make contact with everybody in the same way, with some people I am open and with others I am more on my guard, more testing the grounds.
meeting my left door neighbour
meeting my left door neighbour
And this man on the left is a bit of a special case: he makes me feel butterflies inside. We've known each other for a couple of months and everything is at an early stage, but we like each other's company very much. In the drawing you see that I reached towards him, but then got cold feet and stopped abruptly. He on the other hand, quietly meets me in a playful manner. This is what we are doing in real life too: dancing around each other, testing the waters. And that is very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...