Wednesday 13 April 2016

Shooting a promotion / fotoshoot van een promotie

candidate and his assistants
I was asked to shoot the promotion of a colleague's husband, Johannes Bijlsma. He is from another faculty (Law) so I was surrounded by strangers for the first time during a shoot. I notice that every time I do these shoots I become more comfortable in my trade and I put myself close to the stage if necessary. The photo above for example was taken in the so-called sweat-room: the preparation and changing room for the defendant and his assistants. That was the first time I ever set foot in that room. It must have been a be nerve-wrecking moment for the defendant, but he let me in and was even willing to pose.
entering of beadle and cortege
Ik was gevraagd om de promotie van de man van een collega van mij te fotograferen, Johannes Bijlsma. Hij is niet van mijn faculteit maar van Rechtsgeleerdheid, dus ik was voor het eerst tijdens een shoot omgeven door vreemden. Het valt me op dat ik comfortabeler word, elke keer als ik zo'n opdracht uitvoer en dat ik ook dicht naar het podium durf te komen als dat nodig is. De eerste foto hierboven bijvoorbeeld is genomen in het zweetkamertje, daar was ik nog nooit binnen geweest. Het is de kleed- en voorbereidingskamer voor de promovendus en zijn paranimfen. Dat moest echt een zenuwslopend moment zijn voor hem zijn geweest, maar hij liet me binnen en hij was zelfs bereid om te poseren.
candidate defending his thesis
Johannes Bijlsma defending his thesis called 'Disorder and waiving of punishment. Looking for a screening framework of insanity.' He promoted cum laude.
candidate defending his thesis
Johannes Bijlsma verdedigt zijn proefschrift genaamd 'Stoornis en strafuitsluiting. Op zoek naar een toetsingskader voor ontoerekenbaarheid.' Hij promoveerde cum laude.
Dean and the promotors
The Dean of the faculty of Law is presiding the ceremony in lieu of the rector magnificus. The chain on his chest represents the rector.
De decaan van de faculteit der Rechtsgeleerdheid zit de ceremonie voor in plaats van de rector magnificus. De keten op zijn borst geeft zijn status als afgevaardigde aan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...