Saturday 16 April 2016

Sunset over the IJ

sunset over EYE
'Waiting for a friend', could also have been the title of this post. A friend had asked me to meet her one of these evenings at EYE, she had plans for setting up a business and wanted to interview me on the subject. EYE is located at the IJ, a beautiful venue and I hadn't been over there so I decided to come a little earlier so I could have a look around with my camera.
tulips and sunset
'Op een vriendin wachten', had deze blogpost ook kunnen heten. Een vriendin had me gevraagd om samen af te spreken bij EYE op een van de avonden deze week; ze had plannen om een zaak op te zetten en wilde me daarover interviewen. EYE ligt op een mooie lokatie aan het IJ en ik was er zelf nog niet geweest, dus ik besloot om er wat eerder heen te gaan zodat ik er wat kon rondlopen met mijn camera.
sunset between building blocks
As it turned out we didn't meet that evening, but I enjoyed myself immensely looking at the view: the water, the people and the sun slowly setting.
EYE is located behind Amsterdam Central Station, easily accessible by ferry. EYE is a film museum, cinema an an excellent meeting spot.
reflection of the IJ
Uiteindelijk hebben we elkaar niet ontmoet die avond, maar ik heb mij zeer vermaakt met het geweldige uitzicht: het water, de mensen en de zon die langzaam onderging.
EYE ligt achter het Amsterdam Centraal Station en is makkelijk te bereiken met de pont. EYE is een filmmuseum, bioscoop en een geweldige ontmoetingsplaats.
two people enjoying the sunset

youngsters at the IJ
youngsters at the IJ
reflection of sunset at the industrial area, Amsterdam
reflection of sunset at the industrial area, Amsterdam
tulips and buoys at the IJ
tulips and buoys at the IJ
evening sky and building blocks
evening sky and building blocks
evening sky and building blocks
evening sky and building blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...