Friday 15 November 2013

My own exhibition

As I wrote here last month I'm going to exhibit for the first time in my life and it's giving me the jitters. It's in a nursing home, but still I'll have to select the prints, have it all printed, think of how to arrange them and so on and so on. I had a look at the place to get a feel of the atmosphere. The space is crying for some color, that was my first impulse. I started selecting pictures intuitively and I made a shortlist of about 70 pictures and changed my theme a thousand times.
Should it be with cars,


or should it have a more joyful note with blossoms?


Should the theme be shadows,


leaves,


or water?

I had a friend of mine, who is a graphic designer, take a look at my shortlist today and asked her to choose intuitively which ones she liked best. She also helped my out with the right settings for printing in Photoshop. Thank God for friends!
This weekend I'll ask my friend H. to have a look at the shortlist and see which ones he will select. After the weekend I have to make a final selection and send them out to the printer. Dearie me, it's all quite exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...