Sunday 25 May 2014

Around here

mosaic of my brother's wedding anniversary
The past few days were pretty busy, busy with fun things I am happy to say.
Last Friday my brother and sister-in-law celebrated their 13th wedding anniversary. They decided to celebrate their 13th instead of 12,5 anniversary as this day would be in May instead of November and the advantages are obvious. I took tons of photos that I will share with you at a later date.
old apothecary in Zwolle
The anniversary brought me back to Zwolle in the Netherlands, a town where I grew up and where my parents, sister, brother and their families are still living. Yesterday I went into town with my mother and spotted this pretty plaque from the old apothecary.
Waanders in de Broeren
My mother and I had a coffee in 'Waanders in de Broeren', an old church converted into a large bookshop. I will also write an article on the church, it looks quite amazing.
my niece Lisa
Another fun thing of the weekend was that I got to see all my nephews and nieces, like the one above, Lisa. There is nothing like a little family bonding. Every time I see my nieces and nephews I notice they have grown taller. I used to hate it when an aunt or uncle said that to me, but now that I am on the other end I can't help myself saying it too!
street: bus
And today I had the day totally to myself. It was filled with much needed rest and attention for what I like in life: like patterns in the street,
raw food chocolate smoothie and apple pie
rawganic restaurant
an treating myself to a raw food chocolate smoothie with a lovely piece of apple pie!
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...