I read it in Dutch, so a little might be lost in translation, I apologize for that.
In this book Austin talks to a younger version of himself. These are the things he learned in the past years about making art. When he started sharing his ideas he found out these ideas are applicable to everyone, not just artists. These ideas are meant for anyone who is trying to inject some creativity in his life and work.
The 10 things that no one will tell you about creativity:
- Better to steal smartly than to think up something bad.
- You can already start before you know who you are.
- Write the book you would like to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- Make good work and share it with others.
- Borders don't exist anymore
- Be friendly (we live in a small world).
- Be boring (only then you will finish your work).
- Creativity is deleting.