Monday 18 August 2014

DIY: mini photo book Summer 2013

One of my staycation goals this year was to finish my mini photo book of my vacation of Summer 2013. I succeeded. Most of the book was already done, but I needed to deal with some final details like lettering, buying extra materials and creating a cover.
cover of mini book Summer 2013
I re-used a cardboard parcel as a box in which I could lay my mini book. On the front cover I stuck some photos that I didn't use in the mini book and I strengthened the edges of the photos and the box with gold-colored washitape.
sticky letters on the cover
sticky letters and numbers on the cover
sticky letters and numbers on the cover
The sticky letters and numbers I used on the cover of the box are available in most bookshops or office supply stores.
opening the cardboard box of mini book
The mini book fits neatly in the folds of the cardboard box, I didn't have to resize or do anything about it.
two rings for binding
I used two silver coloured rings for binding all the pages together. The mini book contains three different colours of card stock: white, red and blue. Red was used for the first part of my vacation, a short to trip to Braunfels, Germany. Read the blogpost about that trip over here.
red section: Braunfels
red section: Braunfels
red section: Braunfels
red section: Braunfels, Germany
trainticket to Limoges, France
impression of Dechen Chöling, France
impression of Dechen Chöling, France
The white pages contain train tickets of travel days, photos of outings or social events. The blue pages contain photographs of the assignments of the Miksang Contemplative Photography workshop, level I and II.
theme 1: Colour
theme 1: Colour
theme 1: Colour
theme 2: sidewalks
theme 2: the sidewalkness of sidewalks
hunting for French pastry
On our day off we would like to go to nearby villages to have a look around and buy some lovely fresh French pastries. 
theme 3: pattern
theme 3: pattern
photographing each other
photographing each other
photographing each other
photographing each other
last page of mini book
last page of mini book
All the photos were developed at a local print shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...