Monday 15 December 2014

My next trip to India

virgin Mary with flowers, rosary and mala
virgin Mary with flowers, rosary and mala
Last weekend I went to my yoga teacher's house to have an holistic massage. She's been giving them for about 20 years and she's really good. I quite like the combination yoga and massage, I like it so well that during my yoga teacher training I also followed two shiatsu massage workshops with that yoga teacher.
painting of an ohm sign
painting of an ohm sign
Anyways, I went to her house and into her yoga & meditation room and before the massage we chatted for a while. She is planning a trip to India next summer and I would like to come along. First she is going to give a yoga week at Auroville, same place where we went in 2012, look for my first impression of India over here and over here.
Hindu god Ganesha
Hindu god Ganesha
After that she is going to take us to Tiruvannamalai to meditate on a holy mountain. There is also a holy man that she has met before and she is probably going to introduce him to us. 
virgin Mary with rosary and mala
virgin Mary with rosary and mala
Those two activities will take about two weeks and I am looking for a destination to go after the mediation week or before the yoga week. My yoga teacher gave me two possiblities: Sathya Sai Baba's main ashram of Puttaparthi or the ashram of Yogi Ram in Rishikesh. I am pondering on the alternatives and there are more of course besides these two.
The pictures shown above are taken in the yoga & meditation room of my yoga teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...