Monday 1 December 2014

Museumplein: Iamsterdam

There is a large square at the edge of the city centre of Amsterdam, it is called Museumplein (Museum square). The three largest museums of Amsterdam are located around that square: Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and Van Gogh Museum. Each museum has a different and wonderful collection, well worth your visit.
boy taking selfie
boy taking selfie on top of the letter t
Yesterday I decided to go back to the Rijksmuseum to see the exhibition Modern Times again. I had the idea that I didn't see everything the last time I went there. Read my earlier blogpost over here.
boy with hat
boy with hat within the letter d
I walked along the expensive shopping street P.C. Hooftstraat to gaze at their Christmas decorations and shot a few window displays. There might be a Christmas card between those images, I haven't decided yet.
dressed up on top of M
dressed up on top of the letter m
Anyways, just before arriving at the Rijksmuseum I passed the Museumplein and saw all the people posing in front of the huge letters of Iamsterdam. On internet it is a portal of the city of Amsterdam and a few copies of the huge words are spread over town, undoubtedly to promote the city.
girl helping other girl on the letter a
girl helping other girl on the letter a
People love to climb on top of the letters and pose for family or friends. I've taken a few photos from the front but this time I walked to the rear. It is a lot quieter there and the view is totally different and quite interesting.
girl posing in the red letter m
girl posing in the red letter m
dressed up boy curled up in the letter a
dressed up boy curled up in the letter a
boy and girl on top of the letter a
boy and girl on top of the letter s
I think the first photo with the guy and his selfie-stick is the best, maybe I should get myself one of those before I fly off to Venice coming February!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...