Friday 16 January 2015

Yoga and Art (Yoku): Starting together, in detail

After debating what to do with our collective painting, my housemate (who also happens to be one of the teachers) and I decided to bring it to our house and to hang it up in one of our corridors after drying up. We rolled the painting onto my living room floor and let it dry overnight. Today I took some shots by daylight of a few areas of the work that I find interesting.
painted heart
painted heart
scratches through paint
scratches through paint
green striped square
green striped square
blue painted graphics
blue painted graphics
painted featherlike shape
painted featherlike shape
painted pink angel
painted pink angel
Like I said in my former blogpost, none of my doing is on the surface. Underneath all these beautiful shapes, forms, patterns and colours, some of the strokes are mine. Above all it is a collective work and the joy was in the making. Sure enough the painting will adorn our house, we will find a good spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...