Sunday 15 September 2013

Simplicity

There was a Miksang practice day yesterday. It was great seeing some old Miksang friends again, some of them were with me in France this summer.
A practice day is good, because it throws me back to the essentials of Miksang. We do the visual exercises together, we go out with a certain intention, we shoot, select and then show our pictures to each other. We also share our experiences on the quality of our seeing and of course we have fun.


Yesterday we put our intention on Simplicity: tuning in on the experience of form in its surrounding space. The purpose of this assignment was to examine the relationship between form and visual space. One intensifies the other.


I noticed that it was not so easy. I repeated in my head: a form in its surrounding space. That got me more into a thinking mode then a feeling mode, but after a while the thinking subdued a little. It's almost impossible to not think at all. 


I also noticed that other aspects of form, like color or pattern, could be part of simplicity. 


So, here are 12 pictures of what I experienced as Simplicity. I hope you can feel it, too.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...