Saturday 5 September 2015

Wedding on the beach

bridal couple on the beach
Right now I am in the middle of a photography weekend in Zandvoort, the Netherlands. It started last night and to take as much advantage of the day as possible I took off to Zandvoort in the early afternoon thinking going to the beach for a brisk walk with K. later on. The weather was already a bit turbulent.
bridal couple on the beach
Transportation was not very smooth: the tram was stuck because of a broken cable and my connecting train just rode off when I entered the platform. A little agitated I settled in my hotel room and waited for K. to arrive. Meanwhile I heard the wind picking up and showers of rain were pouring down.
bridal couple on the beach
We decided to go for a walk with our cameras anyway although the wind almost knocked us off our socks. I had not been to the beach in this kind of weather in ages so I was kind of excited.
bridal couple on the beach
Just between showers we saw this bridal couple emerge, she was without a jacket an with a flying skirt, he was charming with his candid smile.
bridal couple on the beach
And I was thinking two things: I have never been married before and if I ever do I probably will not wear a white wedding dress.
The second thought was: would I like to photograph a wedding? I saw two photographers circling around the couple urging them to pose this way or that way and they obliged. I photographed my brother's wedding about 13 years ago, I liked doing it because they were family. Photographing total strangers on their big day is an entirely different matter. So, I don't know the answer yet. I don't feel the urge, so for the time being I'll just leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...