Friday 26 September 2014

Yoga and Art (Yoku): Essence II

Last night was the sequel to Essence I we had two weeks ago in our Yoku session. This time we were asked beforehand which things in life we would like to give more energy: certain projects, work or relationship, it could be anything.  You would make something to put up on your shrine, if you had one. We shared briefly what that was in a few words. I mentioned: calligraphy, work and living area (would I like to grow old in Amsterdam?). 
yoga session
yoga session
The yoga session was not as tough as last time's, but it certainly involved some heavy breathing and quick movements. We finished with a meditation in which we held our arms in an angle of 60 degrees in front of us and as far to the left as possible. During that position we had to breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. That was heavy, but it stirred up a lot of emotions and inner thoughts. Something different than what I previously named appeared strongly: I saw the image of my broken heart with a flow of water (tears and emotions) streaming out of it. My whole being wanted to give attention to my heart for healing. Not that I have tried to hide my emotions or thoughts about it the past few months, but apparently I needed to give it even more attention.
painting palettes
We were given the option to use different materials: charcoal, drawing pencils, pens and even clay but I preferred acrylic paint.
broken heart
I started out with the outlines of a cracked red heart. Looking at it now, the day after, I realize the two parts need to come together again. The crack obviously needs some glue.
working with clay
working with clay
A couple of the other participants chose clay and started to mould it with great attention and determination. Everyone really seemed to give her project a lot of energy and love.
other participants painting
other participants painting
a soft conversation
a soft conversation between our two teachers
painting waves
painting waves
drawing with charcoal
drawing with charcoal
molding around
molding around
finished painting above my shrine
finished painting above my shrine
When we were done we sat down in a circle and we would show our work one by one. The person who showed her work would chose someone to talk about it: what she saw, what she felt by it without jumping to conclusions. This was a lot of fun, because most of the time it was pretty accurate. The girl who spoke about my painting thought I was in doubt about something and she thought that the blueness was not only a road away from my heart but also a way in. When I thought a little bit about it I thought she was right: the emotions that are pouring away give room for something else and in that sense something else is coming in. The yellow dots represent the healing energy coming down.
Again, this was a great session of Yoku, I still think the combination of yoga and art is fantastic! It totally works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...