Monday 2 June 2014

Street

When I was crossing the street yesterday, I was looking at the material laid on the street that was used to mark the crossing. At first I saw the big white lines, the crosses on the street and the stripes. When I looked longer and deeper, I noticed that the lines were done pretty crudely and that they had become dirty due to heavy traffic. I could also clearly see tire tracks and several layers of paint on the more difficult geometrical shapes.
bus lane

black tire tracks on white stripe

texture of white stripe

layers forming a white cross

tire tracks on a white cross
It opened a different dimension to street signs and made me appreciate what is down below my feet even more. Have you ever noticed these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...