Sunday 29 March 2015

Around here

books on starting a creative business
I haven't written an entry on Around here for a while, but things are so hectic and exciting at the moment I can't wait to share it all with you. Last week I finally set my private hour rate as a photographer for the big commission I am already working on. I am totally aware that is not the best way to start a project, but it started to sudden and quick I had to improvise.  Last Friday I called the Chamber of Commerce to advise me how to deal with earning money next to my daytime job and the guy advised me to start a one-woman business. A one-woman business!! I am so excited I am about to burst out of my skin.
Yesterday I asked a friend who is a graphic designer that I would like her to design my logo, letterhead and business cards. Of course, she can only do that after I come up with a name for my new business. I drew a mind map with all the words that came into my mind that would cover my little business: contemplative photography, yoga classes and massage. The combination of photography and yoga of course is a little odd for the business world so I thought of keywords that form an umbrella over the actual services that I would offer: mindful, heart, sun, image, capture, creativity, fresh perceptions, inner peace, bliss, inspiration and so forth. Then I broke those words down in syllables and added more words to my selection like: inner, photo, DR, moment etc. At the moment I am playing around with the syllables and words, but if anyone thinks of a great name, please let me know. Coming Friday I have an appointment at the local office of the Chamber of Commerce to have my little business registered. Oh, this is SO cool!

2 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...