Tuesday 7 October 2014

The last day of Summer

feather in the sand
Last weekend the weather was extraordinary beautiful: the sky was blue, the sun was out and temperatures were above 20 C. By last weekend I actually mean last Friday and Saturday, because Sunday the weather changed and all at once it became Autumn.
Anjali taking a picture
Anjali taking a picture
In my last blogpost I wrote that I went to Kunstkracht12 with a couple of girl friends at the beach town of Zandvoort last Saturday. We started that morning with coffee and a Miksang walk on the beach. A Miksang walk means walking at a slow pace and having a good look around, every other step or so you see something and you might take a photo or not.
blue jellyfish
We noticed that a lot of blue jellyfish had washed up on the shore and we were wondering if they would still be alive. Frankly, none of us had an idea. We also noticed that a lot of jellyfish had razor clams stuck in them and that felt so cruel.
feather II in the sand
Talking and looking don't really go well together I learned. The focus is somewhere else, namely talking and concentrating on what the other person is saying, and that gives less room for fresh perceptions. Being trained practioners we had our flashes between the lines. 
little girl and boy anticipating waves
So, I hope you enjoy these photos of Summer, they probably will be my last for this year.
Natasscha taking a photo with her new camera
Natasscha taking a photo with her new camera
three paw prints
three paw prints
wooden floor leading to the beach
wooden floor leading to the beach
Looking back at these pictures I notice the different colours of the sand. They were all taken with my Powershot SX210 and they were not manipulated in Photoshop or any other program. I will investigate....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...