Saturday 1 November 2014

Autumn light in the Vondelpark

yellow leaves
I walked around the Vondelpark this afternoon to stretch my legs and to get some fresh air. I had and would be spending most of the day with a friend and I wanted some alone time, quality time for me.
couple taking selfie
She is not demanding this friend, not at all, but I have been feeling under the weather for the whole week now and I thought being outdoors and a bit of a rest would do me good. And it did.
shadow of a walking couple
The weather was fantastic, I keep saying this I know, but it is true. It felt like Summer on the 1 November and people were picnicking in the park!
light on a yellow tree
It was in the middle of the afternoon and the sun was already slightly sinking: the light was soft and yellow and the shadows were becoming long. 
man taking picture of yellow leaves
Lots of people were out an about: walking, talking, cycling, photographing, sitting, reading, calling and cuddling. This man in the picture above also saw the light on the beautiful yellow leaves, but a woman passing by commented: "What is there to see?" She asked the question without even stopping to really look and I noticed that irritated me.
reflection of an autumn tree 
shadows of trees in the grass
So I said to myself that not everyone is into looking, not everyone sees what I see and that is ok.
three people sitting in the park
Meanwhile I was enjoying what I saw immensely. I hope you can feel that in these pictures.
yellow bikes
autumn coloured trees
Did you go out and enjoy the day in one way or another?
floating leaves and a reflection
floating leaves and a reflection of a yellow tree

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your perception -beautiful pictures and wise and inspiring words

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...